Friday, September 27, 2013

Burlap lamp shade



Summer was nuts! I had all these plans for projects, but life got in the way and projects were put on the backburner. One thing I did do was give an ugly lamp shade a make over. I love burlap...I would say I have an obsession with burlap...but that's another entry. Anyway, I felt like I needed more color in my living room, so I used red burlap to give it the pop of color I was look for.
First thing, I covered the lamp with extra red fabric, just to give it a fill and something for the burlap to stick to. It is NOT pretty, but it did it's job. 


 

Next, you cut your burlap into squares...lots as lots of squares...way more than I ever imagined. 



Some were square, some were not. I just wanted to have a little variety. Then I folded the squares and hot glued them to  the shade. 


Then you just glue and glue...I think I burned myself five times and had two big blisters when it was all said and done. I would recommend you be a little more careful than me. Your fingers will thank you. 


I think it turned out pretty cute. It is so much better than the old shade!


Now I'm ready for my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment